Impact Focus Campaign Reporting – Admin Screen (Backend)
Impact Focus features a highly powerful reporting dashboard that gives administrators insights into their users’/students’/staffs’ performance in any Knowledge Check Campaign.
The report screen can be opened at any time after a campaign has been published to view user performance at that specific moment in time.
Impact Focus also provides a frontend shortcode, which allows any Campaign Report Screen to be made accessible to any site user or visitor. See the next Knowledge Base page covering Campaign Reporting – Shortcode (Frontend) for more information.
Impact Focus campaign reporting for admins can be accessed directly from the plugin main menu:
Select any of your Knowledge Check Campaigns from the dropdown list in order to generate the report:
The Knowledge Check Reporting Screen contains the following information regarding your user’s performance during the Knowledge Check Campaign:
Quick Stats Bar
- Users In Campaign – This number displays the total number of users that have been assigned to the campaign. This number includes live users (i.e. users that are still receiving daily emails, and complete users (i.e. users that have completed the campaign).
- Active Users – An active user is defined as an individual who has answered an Impact Focus campaign email question in the last 3 days, or a user that has completed the campaign. This number gives you an indication of your overall user engagement level with your Knowledge Check Campaign. It also shows the proportion of users that the correct/incorrect answer data pertains to within the overall user assignment.
- Correct Answers Given – This gives a snapshot of the number of correct answers that have been logged within the campaign, against the total number of questions that have been sent out. The right hand number is the total number of ‘answered’ questions, so does not includes questions that have been ignored by users (‘Did Not Answer‘ questions).
- Overall Knowledge Accuracy – This figure is a calculation of the total number of correct answers given when compared with the total number of questions answered. It gives an overall impression of your users’ competency on the subject of the Knowledge Check Campaign.
By Question Report – All Questions
When the By Question Report bar chart first loads, it will display a percentage view of how many users have successfully answered all questions within the campaign, with overall accuracy running along the X axis, and number of users shown on the Y axis.
Hover your mouse over any bar within the chart to display the value (number of users) behind each bar.
If the bars are taller overall on the right hand side of this bar chart, users have the confidence and capability to answer knowledge check questions correctly within this campaign.
Use the question selection dropdown box in the top right-hand corner of this report view to change the chart from a holistic report to the performance of users when answering a specific question. The list of questions is made up of the Question Titles entered when creating your question bank in the Question Builder Tab of the Add/Edit Campaign screen.
The X axis will change in order to show the number of users that have either answered the question correctly, answered incorrectly, or did not answer the question (i.e. did not answer the question within 24 hours).
Users Score By Category Chart
The category radar chart provides a visual insight into the accuracy of users’ ability to answer a specific category of question within the Knowledge Check Campaign.
Question categories are created and assigned to questions when creating your question bank in the Question Builder Tab of the Add/Edit Campaign screen.
Hovering your mouse over any point on the radar chart will provide the accuracy score for that specific category for all users.
Over time, as users answer questions across each of the categories within the campaign, this chart will give you valuable insights into the specific areas that users have found most challenging when learning a specific skill or subject, and where your follow-up support is best targeted.
User Engagement Pie Chart
The User Engagement chart displays a holistic report of how well users are engaging with your Knowledge Check Campaign.
The pie chart is broken into 4 segments:
- Answered All Questions – The total number of users that have answered every Knowledge Check Campaign Email that has been sent.
- Answered Most Questions – The total number of users that have answered more that 50% of questions that have been sent by email.
- Answered Fewer Questions – The total number of users that have answered between 0-50% of questions that have been sent by email.
- No Questions Answered – The total number of users that have answered zero questions that have been sent by email.
You can hover your mouse over any pie segment to get the actual number of users for each engagement level.
Read the rest of our Knowledge Base pages to make the most of Impact Focus.